ZoneAlarm NG Free Firewall causes my Windows 11 desktop PC to crash with BSOD error "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Netio.sys)" when I upload files to the cloud

Subject: ZoneAlarm NG Free Firewall causes my Windows 11 desktop PC to crash with BSOD error "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Netio.sys)" when I upload files to the cloud


Good day from Singapore,


I have recently installed ZoneAlarm NG Free Firewall on my Windows 11 desktop computer.


When I upload files to Google Drive, I notice the upload will slow down.


When I attempt to upload small PDF documents to other cloud service providers, ZoneAlarm NG Free Firewall will cause my Windows 11 desktop computer to crash with the following BSOD error and then reboot:


"DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Netio.sys)"


Uninstalling ZoneAlarm NG Free Firewall solves the issue.


I have fallen back to using Windows Defender Firewall.


Is there any way to solve the issue of ZoneAlarm NG Free Firewall crashing my Windows 11 desktop computer when I upload files to the cloud?


Reinstalling Realtek Gigabit network card drivers does not help. Uninstalling the free antivirus also does not help.


Please advise.


Thank you.


Regards,


Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming

Targeted Individual in Singapore




REFERENCES

=============


[1] https://support.zonealarm.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/21514696581787-ZoneAlarm-NG-Free-Firewall-causes-my-Windows-11-desktop-PC-to-crash-with-BSOD-error-DRIVER-IRQL-NOT-LESS-OR-EQUAL-Netio-sys-when-I-upload-files-to-the-cloud


[2] https://www.reddit.com/r/antivirus/comments/18qk1y9/zonealarm_ng_free_firewall_causes_my_windows_11/


[3] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11-performance/zonealarm-ng-free-firewall-causes-my-windows-11/bd65c486-ce7d-49c7-952c-4781d636e8d8


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How the Singapore Government cheated my family of a HDB flat (Draft 22 Aug 2023)

[DRAFT 26 SEP 2022] HDB refuses to reduce monthly rental fees of my rental flat despite many appeals