Yeastar S20 PBX behind Fortigate 60F firewall. Linkus softphone has no audio at all during telephone calls.

Subject: Yeastar S20 PBX behind Fortigate 60F firewall. Linkus softphone has no audio at all during telephone calls.


Good day from Singapore,


The Linkus softphone installed on Android phones has no audio at all during telephone calls. We were troubleshooting for a few days. We have tested countless settings in both the Fortigate 60F firewall and Yeastar S20 PBX appliance. But we could not solve the issue.


Then a breakthrough occurred when I noticed that when I make a telephone call using Linkus softphone on my Android phone, RTP packets were being sent. ***But no RTP packets were received.*** This implies that the Fortigate 60F firewall were blocking RTP packets.


I did a Google search and found this article.


Article: Technical Tip: Disabling VoIP Inspection

Link: https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Disabling-VoIP-Inspection/ta-p/194131


You need to ensure that ALL of the following lines are present in the Fortigate 60F firewall CLI configuration.


config voip profile

edit default

config sip

    set status disable

end

end

end


The one line that I have added is: "set status disable".


After adding the above line, telephone calls on Linkus softphone started to have audio both ways.


I have solved the problem! (At 3.00 AM on 7 Oct 2023 Saturday morning Singapore time)


I hope that the above information is useful to you. I don't know why adding the line "set status disable" to the voip profile solved the problem. I didn't read the above article thoroughly from start to finish. Perhaps someone else can explain.


Thank you.


Regards,


Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming

Targeted Individual in Singapore

9 Oct 2023 Monday





REFERENCES

===========


[1] https://community.fortinet.com/t5/Support-Forum/Yeastar-S20-PBX-behind-Fortigate-60F-firewall-Linkus-softphone/td-p/277993


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How the Singapore Government cheated my family of a HDB flat (Draft 22 Aug 2023)

[DRAFT 26 SEP 2022] HDB refuses to reduce monthly rental fees of my rental flat despite many appeals