[Exchange Server 2010] User could not send emails on mobile phones at all

Subject: [Exchange Server 2010] User could not send emails on mobile phones at all


Good day from Singapore,


Despite troubleshooting for 7 days, a user could not send any emails on his Android mobile phones at all, whether it is Outlook or Samsung email client.


Then today, 10 Oct 2023 Tuesday, I started / began troubleshooting using SMTP commands with authentication. Basically I used "AUTH LOGIN" after ehlo with base64-encoded username and password.


Article: Exchange Server 2010 – SMTP Auth Login

Link: https://www.computerperformance.co.uk/exchange-2010/smtp-auth-login/


Base64 encoder link: https://www.base64encode.org/


To my surprise, a new email account which I have created for testing could send out emails while the email account which has been in existence for many years could not.


I get the following error:


550 5.7.1 Client does not have permissions to send as this sender


Then my boss asked me to try the following command on Exchange Management Shell.


Add-ADPermission "myemail@example.com" -User "Domain\jsmith" -Extendedrights "Send As"


No matter what I try, the above command would not work. I needed to modify the above command to suit our client as necessary of course.


Then a piece of good luck came my way. I Google searched and found this article.


Article: 550 5.7.1 Client does not have permissions to send as this sender (office365)

Link: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/25357440/550-5-7-1-client-does-not-have-permissions-to-send-as-this-sender-office365


I opened up Exchange Management Console. You need to select an email account, then right click and select "Manage Send As Permission...".


The new email account which I have created for testing has "NT AUTHORITY\SELF" as the Security Principal while the problematic email account does not.


I quickly added the user "NT AUTHORITY\SELF" to the problematic email account. The user could send emails on his mobile phones again!


I have finally solved the problem after 7 days!


I hope that the above information is useful to you.


Thank you.


Regards,


Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming

Targeted Individual in Singapore

10 Oct 2023 Tuesday




REFERENCES

============


[1] https://serverfault.com/questions/1145600/exchange-server-2010-user-could-not-send-emails-on-mobile-phones-at-all

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How the Singapore Government cheated my family of a HDB flat (Draft 22 Aug 2023)

[DRAFT 26 SEP 2022] HDB refuses to reduce monthly rental fees of my rental flat despite many appeals