Windows 10 Update Slows Down My Home Desktop PC and Refurbished/2nd Hand Aftershock Gaming Laptop to a Crawl!

Subject: Windows 10 Update Slows Down My Home Desktop PC and Refurbished/2nd Hand Aftershock Gaming Laptop to a Crawl!


Dear Microsoft,


According to widespread reports, the culprit is Windows update KB5028166. However, there is no way I can uninstall this update.


My Home Desktop PC and refurbished Aftershocking gaming laptop have slowed down to a crawl.


Opening a plain text file and a MP4 video took a few minutes.


After clicking on the icon, my MAGIX Movie Studio 2023 Platinum video editing software took a few minutes to launch.


After clicking on the icon, my Google Chrome web browser took a few minutes to launch.


Opening a website in Google Chrome web browser took a few minutes.


And I frequently get "Page Unresponsive" with loading websites in Google Chrome tabs.


When you click a button to upload files to Youtube in Google Chrome web browser, the File Manager dialog took a few minutes to show up.


After pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL, it took a few minutes for the computer to respond before I can lock my computer.


After clicking Shutdown, my computer took a few minutes to shut down.


Opening Device Manager took MANY minutes.


I had initially thought it was my BitDefender Antivirus Plus causing all the slowdowns. Even after uninstalling BitDefender Antivirus Plus, I am still experiencing all of the above symptoms!


Dear Microsoft, what are you doing with your Windows Updates?!?!?! BOTH my home desktop PC and refurbished Aftershock gaming laptop have slowed down to a crawl.


Can you do something about it ASAP? I have tried various ways as suggested but I cannot uninstall Windows Update KB5028166 at all. Are there any other Windows Updates involved in the slowdowns?


I am looking forward to your reply.


Thank you very much.


Regards,


Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming

Targeted Individual in Singapore

3rd September 2023 Sunday 

11.11 PM Singapore Time





REFERENCES

=============


[1] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-update-slows-down-my-home-desktop-pc/518f0279-9ecc-4485-890e-8470875ad06f


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How the Singapore Government cheated my family of a HDB flat (Draft 22 Aug 2023)

[DRAFT 26 SEP 2022] HDB refuses to reduce monthly rental fees of my rental flat despite many appeals