Upgrading pfSense from 2.6.0 to 2.7.0 not possible at all

Subject: Upgrading pfSense from 2.6.0 to 2.7.0 not possible at all


Good day from Singapore,


I had attempted upgrading my pfsense firewall appliance from 2.6.0 to 2.7.0 on 16 July 2023 Sunday.


However, after the reboot, the monitor went blank. There is no output on my monitor. I had to attempt a 2nd reboot.


After the 2nd reboot, my hardware appliance told me that pfSense cannot boot, because many files are missing and the pfsense kernel is also missing.


In the end, I had to download the pfsense usb stick image, install pfsense 2.7.0 FROM SCRATCH, and restore my previously backed up config file. After I did this, everything starts working.


So can I say upgrading pfsense from 2.6.0 to 2.7.0 is not supported?


Regards,


Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming

Targeted Individual in Singapore





REFERENCES

============


[1] https://forum.netgate.com/topic/181639/upgrading-pfsense-from-2-6-0-to-2-7-0-not-possible-at-all

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How the Singapore Government cheated my family of a HDB flat (Draft 22 Aug 2023)

[DRAFT 26 SEP 2022] HDB refuses to reduce monthly rental fees of my rental flat despite many appeals