[Virtualmin] Samsung email client on my Android phone rejects Let's Encrypt SSL certificates installed on Dovecot and Postfix after server migration

Subject: [Virtualmin] Samsung email client on my Android phone rejects Let's Encrypt SSL certificates installed on Dovecot and Postfix after server migration


Good day from Singapore,


I have actually installed Thunderbird email client on my Windows 10 laptop and it DOES NOT complain about Let's Encrypt SSL certificates installed on Dovecot and Postfix after server migration.


However, when I try to add email accounts using Samsung email client on my Android phone, it rejects Let's Encrypt SSL certificates installed on Dovecot and Postfix after server migration, and email messages refuse to sync.


It's only when I choose SSL (Accept all certificates) and TLS (Accept all certificates) in Server Settings in Samsung email client, that email messages start to sync.


What could be the cause of the problem?


I am trying to resolve the issue on 2 affected domain names.


teo-en-ming.com


teo-en-ming-corp.com


When I try to run SSL Checker at https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html against mail.teo-en-ming-corp.com:993, it says:


"The certificate is not trusted in all web browsers. You may need to install an Intermediate/chain certificate to link it to a trusted root certificate. Learn more about this error. The fastest way to fix this problem is to contact your SSL provider."


IMAP SSL Server uses port 993.


Please advise.


Thank you very much.


Regards,


Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming

Singapore





REFERENCES

============


[1] https://forum.virtualmin.com/t/virtualmin-samsung-email-client-on-my-android-phone-rejects-lets-encrypt-ssl-certificates-installed-on-dovecot-and-postfix-after-server-migration/118291

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How the Singapore Government cheated my family of a HDB flat (Draft 22 Aug 2023)

[DRAFT 26 SEP 2022] HDB refuses to reduce monthly rental fees of my rental flat despite many appeals