I have just discovered that Sophos XG210 firewall uses Snort IPS engine today!

Subject: I have just discovered that Sophos XG210 firewall uses Snort IPS engine today!


Good day from Singapore,


While configuring email alert notifications on Sophos XG210 firewall for my client today, 5 May 2022, I discovered that the firewall uses Snort as its IPS engine.


I saw it in the release notes for firmware version SFOS 18.5.3 MR3-Build408.


I am wondering if the Sophos XG Firewall Free Home Use Edition uses Snort IPS engine as well.


If Sophos XG Firewall Free Home Use Edition also uses Snort IPS engine, I am going to try it out very soon! Because I am a Snort Intrusion Prevention System fan!


I also notice Sophos XG210 firewall uses another open source software, exim mail transport agent (mta).


Looking forward to your advice.


Thank you.


Regards,


Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming

Targeted Individual in Singapore

5 May 2022 Thursday




REFERENCES

===========


[1] https://lists.snort.org/pipermail/snort-users/2022-May/000300.html


[2] https://marc.info/?l=snort-users&m=165178076906904&w=2


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How the Singapore Government cheated my family of a HDB flat (Draft 22 Aug 2023)

[DRAFT 26 SEP 2022] HDB refuses to reduce monthly rental fees of my rental flat despite many appeals